Dillon Marshall Property Consultants is one of Ireland’s largest letting companies and has a wide range of residential and commercial property to let throughout Ireland. If you’re a landlord with a vacant house or apartment we can help you find a suitable occupant. Similarly, if you’re the owner of a vacant commercial property in the form of retail units or office space and need to find a suitable business to lease it out to or indeed you are that business in need of premises, we can help.
Our expert letting agents carefully assess the criteria of both landlords and prospective tenants to ensure we find a property which closely matches their needs. We are here to assist in any way we can throughout the process of letting your property or during your term of lease.
Letting Advice for Tenants – A Few Simple Tips:
- Location, location, location! – deciding on an area which suits your living and work needs is possibly the most important aspect of renting a property. Be sure to give this a lot of consideration before making your choice. Luckily, Dillon Marshall has an abundance of properties in a variety of locations in counties throughout Ireland so lack of choice won’t be a problem for you!
- Budget – what you can afford will always have an impact on your choice of area and the property you opt to rent. We offer a wide range of properties at different prices so finding one that’s affordable is definitely possible
- Length of tenancy – How long do you intend to lease a property for? Are you likely to stay in the area long-term or short-term? These factors will affect the type of lease you require. We have properties available on both short and long-term leases
- How soon do you need to move in? – Allocating sufficient time to search for the right place is always an advantage. If you know you’re going to need to find a new property to rent, try as much as possible to allow for a minimum of 5-6 weeks to find a new place. Otherwise, you are likely to make a rushed decision and move to an area/property you are not 100% satisfied with and regret the move later.
- Deciding on a property to rent is a decision that generally should not be made swiftly – give yourself time to consider all your options and ensure the place you choose ticks all of the boxes on your list!
Letting Criteria – What We Require From Tenants
Once an agreement has been reached on a letting, Dillon Marshall require each of the following from new tenants before deposits are paid or keys exchange hands:
- Tenants full names
- Copy of ID for all tenants, e.g. Passport or driving licence
- PPS Numbers
- References – at least one reference from a previous Landlord and at least one work reference confirming a tenant is in full time employment
- Bank details – we establish a standing order for monthly payment of rent from tenants in all properties we manage
- Deposit – one month’s rent is required up front as a deposit on any property